Common Issue with Wallet to Wallet Transactions

Hello,
I’m trying to edit some smaller transaction issues. I find this particular issue all over the place. The issue is that the SEND amount for one wallet and the RECEIVE amount for another wallet are the same, so the transasctions aren’t being connected. The picture I’ve attached shows the issue. These are blockchain api imports…so it’s read-only. This issue presents itself many times in my account for many transactions.

What would be the quickest way to fix this issue? Create CSVs of the wallets and fix the issue there? Edit out the transaction and manually add two transactions that would connect?

1 Like

If these are internal transfers between wallets you can tag both send and receive transactions as internal by tapping the three dots menu on the right and select “Mark as internal”.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

Curious if this is a bug fyi.

I read this documentation of yours:

Perhaps I’m wrong, but my transactions in the image shown above meets all criteria for your system to identify transaction internally.

The transaction hash is the same.
The receive is after the send time, but still within 12 hours time difference.
The receive is at least 80% of the sent.
The receive is not greater than the sent.

Perhaps this is a feature and not a bug, but because the receive is the SAME amount as the sent amount, it is not connecting the transaction. Either it is a bug or the documentation should be updated to reflect that the received amount should not be “greater than or equal to” the amount sent, rather than just “greater than”.

Appreciate all your all’s hard work and my experience with you all has been much better than koinly so far fyi.

Thanks,
J

Hi there! We discovered about 4 weeks ago that the Coinbase API provides the transaction hash for ETH and ERC-20 tokens in a different format. We had to do some corrections so that the hash was saved correctly. Perhaps you had synced your Coinbase wallet prior to this? If so, this should self-correct if you delete and reimport all transactions from Coinbase.

If you still see this issue, we will look into your account since these transactions should be identified automatically. The help article is up to date and with correct information.

1 Like

Curious about this bug still. It’s frustrating because many of my transactions are not automatically linking when the value is the same on both ends (sending/receiving). Now I have to create custom CSVs of many wallets/exchanges to change the value of one side of the transaction by a penny (and that does fix the issue). Is this a verified bug or am I crazy?

I guess I’ll try to mark these transactions as “internal” so they aren’t in the SEND/RECIEVE category…but still I have 1200+ transactions with 40-50 exchanges/wallets so I feel like if I mess up I like to have a csv/auto-sync to reset my progress.

Eivind,

So yes I’m still having trouble with this issue please look into my account [email protected]

Thanks, we’ll look into this. Have you already tried deleting & resyncing the wallets recently? We’ve been pushing out updates / fixes regularly every week and we may already have released specific fixes for the exchanges API or CSV import you are using.

I have deleted/created the wallets and it is still having issues. Please see my transactions for HBAR as a good example. Please see my “Atomic Wallet”, “Bittrex”, and “Gate.io” wallets and the HBAR transactions between them.

I thought perhaps the issue might be that because the time of the first and second transactions are exactly the same it was causing issues, however, I reduced the time of the first transaction by 1 minute and it did not fix the issue either. Please help.

Again, I’ve been able to fix the issue if I make the receive amount LESS THAN the send amount. Thanks.

Hey David,

Any updates on this? My taxes are due April 15th, so I’m a little nervous about completing it on time. Do you think I should just go ahead and press on with creating CSVs to make custom transactions or you think this will be resolved in the next week or so?

Thanks,
J

At the moment I can’t give an exact ETA as there are some other issues being prioritized. It might be best to go ahead and create manual transaction instead for this so that you’d still be on schedule.

What is the status on this fix?
I have right at 20k transactions and this isn’t feasible for me to do manually.

Hi there
This thread is quite old, and this issue has been fixed completely, as far as I’m aware. The only instance where it can occur is when a transfer uses a different transaction hash for the Deposit/Withdrawal transaction.

There were some exchanges that were recording Withdrawals with a later timestamp than the Receiving wallet recorded for the Deposit. We also patched these issues by correcting the timestamp on our end during the API import.

It’s possible that the timestamp mismatching still occurs with some exchanges, but none that I’m aware of at the moment.

I could be of more help if I can examine the transactions in question