IRS forms available when?

When can we expect to be able to generate tax forms for 2021 (IRS)?. Thanks

1 Like

The tax forms from IRS are usually not released before end of January at the earliest. Unfortunately we can’t export these forms before they actually even exist.

Once they become available then you should be able to generate the tax forms.

1 Like

Can you clarify what you mean by “before they exist?” I can download form 8949 from the IRS website and fill it in by hand. (here: https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f8949.pdf). but I of course don’t want to do that since I paid for coinpanda to do it for me.

Hi there,

We checked the IRS website just a few days before you posted the message 10 days ago, so the forms must have been released around January 11th or a few days later. We added these forms on Tuesday this week (Form 8949, Schedule D, Schedule 1) so you can export these now.

Why does it generate a blank page between each completed page of the 8949 report. 1 page has details and total at bottom, next page blank, 3rd page has details with a total, 4th page blank, etc. etc.

The report in PDF is 249 pages long. Can you take a look and see if its some kind of PDF generation issue or ? Thanks!

Perhaps you have already been in touch with our customer support about this, but here is the short explanation:

Form 8949 consists of both short- and long-term gains:

• Page 1: Short-term < 12 months
  • Page 2: Long-term > 12 months

We are always exporting the complete PDF file by merging multiple single PDFs consisting of two pages each. We do this since this is in fact how the original IRS form is. This seems also to be how other tax platforms are exporting Form 8949.

If however, it is better and also preferred by the IRS that we skip all blank pages, we can definitely update this in the future. This is a very quick update, but for now, we believe the most correct way of exporting the form is what we are currently doing.

We will try to get some clarifications about this from the IRS or other US tax accountants later this year.