Total value and cost bases are way off

All of the sudden the total value and cost bases shown on the dashboard are incorrect. The cost basis is about 4x higher then it should be and the total value is almost doubled. The actual values that are shown for the wallets are correct but the cost bases is off there too. This only appeared today. The tax reports are also incorrect.

2 Likes

We can take a look during the weekend

If you used a different email address for this forum than your Coinpanda account you can send me a DM with your email

2 Likes

It’s the same email address

2 Likes

The first thing I noticed is that you have synced 6 EVM addresses before the new DeFi integration was released on Nov 27. Whenever you see the “Resync required” alert, we highly recommend that you reimport transactions in the listed wallets since this has to be done at some point even if you don’t do it immediately.

There were too many changes for the new DeFi integration to be backward compatible with our previous EVM integration. If there are any transactions or tokens not identified correctly, you can post a reply with details and I will make sure it gets automatically identified without needing to make manual adjustments.

Looking at your Dashboard values, I can see that the Cost Basis value is not accurate. We have identified a small error in the calculation which causes this value to increase 3-5x in your case. Our devs will check it and update ASAP.

FYI this does not affect your tax reports or capital gains calculations. The dashboard graph is completely separate from all tax calculations.

I suggest we check everything again after (1) you have resynced the 6 addresses, and (2) our developers have checked the graph calculation issue.

2 Likes

thanks, that’s was it. I should be more attention to messages.

3 Likes

well, I thought we had it. The cost basis looks good but the total value is still off. It was correct for a while but a wallet resync threw it off.

2 Likes

The total value is calculated by the imported transactions only. So if a new synch threw it off it means that the new transactions importing have contributed to the new value. I recommend to review the newly imported transactions and make sure everything is accurate. For example some transaction tags may be needed. If that does not help, you can also message us on the chat. I’ll review your account for you.

2 Likes

have same issue with the Total Value as it fluctuates randomly every day, showing variations of hundreds of percent up and down

1 Like

Can you send us a message on the chat once logged in? And just give us context so we know it’s you. With access to your account details on the private chat I’ll be able to troubleshoot this for you.

1 Like

This issue was determined to be caused by Coingecko API sometimes not reporting any data. We made some changes that should prevent this now

1 Like